What are the three most important ingredients in the elixir to improve skin health and how do they work?
The most important ingredients for skin health include;
- Super greens – These nutritional powerhouses balance the acidity in your skin and the alkalinity in your blood. And when that balance is achieved, your skin holds moisture and your cells function properly, giving you that radiant glow. Balanced and working together – 2 teaspoons of The Super Elixir daily will have all you need to see and fee change
- Horsetail and dandelion – The horsetail herb contains silica, long known to benefit your hair, skin and nails. Dandelion, another herb, promotes healthy liver and digestive function, reducing toxins in the body that would otherwise damage your skin. Good digestive function also prevents breakouts that can develop on your jawline.
- Aloe vera juice – This is a wonderful overall tonic for the body, from digestive to kidney support. The skin is often called ‘the third kidney’, so by taking care of the kidneys, you’ll also keep your skin clear and limit dark under-eye circles.
- Grape seed extract – A wonderful antioxidant and therefore acts as a free radical scavenger reducing internal & external aging.
- Prebiotics & probiotics – Both supporting digestion & keeping Candida at bay you will greatly reduce sugar cravings have an excellent effect on acne and overall ageing.
There are so many great ingredients in the elixir – do they work individually or synergistically?
They work both individually & synergistically, for example we chose to support the entire digestive system & not just the probiotic like most products provide. Another two examples include how we decided to use both shitake & maitake mushrooms to work as a team to synergistically boost the effect on ones immune system.
Do you need to be on the supplement for a few months to notice obvious results (is there an accumulative effect?)
Most patients feel the initial effects within a few days, but of course it will depend on your current toxic load for some will experience a detox effect immediately. We therefore say as a guideline take THE SUPER ELIXIR for a whole month to allow any detox reactions to pass and so you move into feeling the wonderful health benefits.
Why is it as important to treat the skin with supplements?
This is because just applying a topical treatment only treats the superficial layer or the epidermis area of the skin. For longer lasting and more effective results you want to treat the dermi and hypodermis and this is best done internally.
Also don’t forget the skin is the largest organ of the body and is an average size of 2 square feet for an adult so this mighty organ, like all other organs, needs to be nurtured from the inside.
Dr. Simone Laubscher has a PhD in oxidative stress and holds a Bachelor degree in Science and Nutrition. She began her career in Sydney 15 years ago and initially worked mainly in cardiac rehab and with other special disease populations including diabetes, obesity, hypertension, eating disorders and cancer sufferers. Dr. Simone has spent the past 13 years in London and was Joint Head of Medical Services and Head Nutritionist at The Third Space Medicine. She went on to open her international anti-ageing clinics for integrated and preventative medicine. The next phase of Simone`s career has been focused on restoring people’s wellness, lifestyles and health foundations. Simone is very passionate about bringing health, healing and restoration to people.